Sunday - Our last day at the Orphanage

Kelly summed it up for us while walking home from the orphanage Sunday night, "I've never felt so bad leaving a place I have been trying to escape."  After spending the afternoon and evening with Maria's group, we realized how much we would miss the kids.  We received multiple hugs from many of them and a few of the older kids gave us their email and facebook addresses.  It happened that both their caretakers, Tatiana and Katia, were there when we left.  They also gave us their contact information. 

We had become part of each of their families for a short time.  It is tough to know what went through their minds but we pray that we were able to give them more hope than despair.  I know it sounds like a bad cliche, but we truly drew more from our time with them than they with us.  I know I found myself thinking about how I spend my time with my own kids as I played cards or kicked the soccer ball.  The toughest part was realizing that some of the kids had little chance of being part of a forever family because of situations outside their control.  Though we had done it many times, it was an unusual feeling walking back to our apartment on Sunday.

Please keep orphans in your prayers...



Kelly brought her flat iron and makeup so she could play stylist with some of the girls our last night.

We bought DVD's of Disney Movies in Russian for Maria to watch with her friends.  We also figured that it would allow our kids at home to realize how hard it is for Maria to watch movies in English!

Maria sharing candy with her best friend in the group Nastia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Our Adoption Story
View my complete profile

Labels